The District Portal now supports the ability to upload school calendars and send to EverDriven for school day exceptions such as holidays, non-school days, late starts, and early releases.
1. Users can access the Calendars view for each school by selecting the new Calendar Upload button on the side navigation.
2. On the Calendars screen users can upload up to 5 files by dragging files into the box or selecting “click here to upload” and searching for the files.
3. Users can indicate the applicable student population by completing the Calendar Audience for each uploaded calendar.
4. Users can also add additional Notes for EverDriven for each uploaded calendar.
5. Once calendars have been successfully uploaded, selecting Submit will send all successfully uploaded calendars, indicated by the green check mark, directly to the Routing team and EverDriven.
6. Calendars that are sent to EverDriven are displayed in the Previously Uploaded Calendars section so Districts can confirm that EverDriven has the most recent calendars.
7. Old calendars may be deleted from this section by clicking the Remove link.
8. New or replacement calendars may be updated with EverDriven by uploading and submitting to EverDriven via the upload process described above.
At , making sure you have what you need to kick off the new school year is very important. Check out some of the new enhancements and features we’ve got for you.
Prepopulating existing Students’ data:
The Transportation Request Form (TRF) in the District Portal will prepopulate student information for existing Students who have had previous subscriptions.
This will make it easier for you to use the TRF for new trip requests or existing students because you won’t have to type in that student information. It also helps minimize data issues like typos.
To use this, you’ll simply search the student in the existing “Search for Student” on the TRF:
Next, select the existing Student and you’ll see their information populate”
If there are multiple addresses on file for a Student, you can select from the list of address for Home and for Different Pickup or Dropoff Addresses.
Now, you’ll enter information specific to that trip request:
The TRF can now be saved as a Draft if you are only partially completed and want to come back to it in the future.
Note: Submitting the TRF form always creates a NEW trip request and does communicate edits for existing in-progress subscriptions. Edits to in-progress subscriptions should be requested per existing processes.
Providing last year’s Student List:
To help make getting the school year kicked off easier, we will be posting the End of Year Student List to the Reports section of District Portal. This report will help you quickly identify existing Students as you enter TRF requests for the new year.
Improvements to the cancelation process:
We’ve improved the workflow for when a District Portal user or Parent cancels a trip. Previously, cancellations caused the trip to be locked and EverDriven would have to approve them. Now, District Portal users and Parents will receive notification of the cancelation within minutes.
Visibility into District Calendars:
You can now see your schools’ calendars for the year. With this, you’ll be able to review calendars to make sure that it accurately reflects holidays, in-service dates, late starts, and any other event that could impact your transportation needs. Select “View Calendars” within the District Trip Tracker in the District Portal.
Need to make an update? Just send an email to your dedicated email address for EverDriven.
The Transportation Request Form (TRF) in the District Portal now supports the ability to save incomplete or work in progress TRFs as Drafts, for completing and submitting at a later time.
1. When the minimum required data fields are completed, a new Save Draft button will be enabled at
the bottom of the TRF.
2. The minimum required fields are:
3. Once a Draft TRF is saved, it can be recalled by Searching for the Student
4. Once drafts are recalled, they can be edited and saved again, or they can be submitted once
5. Drafts can also be deleted without submitting by selecting the Delete Draft button that is available
when working in a Draft.
Here are some best practices for finding your saved TRFs.
To find a saved draft:
New status on the District Portal highlights trips that are running late so you can see them immediately.
The District Trip Tracker feature in ALC’s District Portal allows you to track students in real time during transportation. Now we’ve added a new status so you can easily see any trips that are running more than 5 minutes behind schedule.
The “Running Late” status will be shown in both the school view and when viewing trips for an individual student. Here’s how it works:
District Trip Tracker, school view: Students with a “running late” status will be highlighted in golden yellow for quick identification.
Trip details: Expand the trip card to see all the details, including the scheduled time, new ETA, and driver information.
We are excited to announce a redesigned TRF that includes new features such as a tabbed design, easier bell schedule selection, ability to copy siblings when entering multiple siblings’ information, and more.
Log into District Portal and begin reaping the benefits today!