Last updated and effective: June 1, 2021
At EverDriven, LLC (“EverDriven,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), we are committed to fostering trust. We offer services, including through our websites, mobile applications, features, and other related services (collectively, the “Services”), that support school districts, parents, and caretakers in coordinating transportation for students with special transportation needs. In the course of providing our Services, we process certain information on behalf of our clients, including school districts, and business partners, in the role of a service provider. We also receive and process information for our own purposes, such as the contact information of our clients, business partners and their respective employees.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Security of Information
Your Choices With Respect to Your Information
Links to Third-Party Websites
Collection of Information
EverDriven collects information in a variety of ways depending on our relationship with you and how you interact with us and our Services. This may include the following:
- Information you submit, such as when you request information, create an account, or otherwise actively send us information. In some cases, you can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required to provide the Services.
- Information that is automatically collected when you access and/or use our Services or interact with our communications. For more information, please see the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section below.
- Information we obtain from third parties, such as our client and/or business partners, service providers. When we receive personal information from one of our clients or business partners, including schools and school districts, in connection with our provision of the Services, we process that information on their behalf and at their direction. When we act in this capacity, our client or business partner determines the purpose for which the information is collected and how we should use it.
- Information from other sources, such as publicly available sources or social media and third-party platforms and networks that you use.
The following provides examples of the types of information that we collect in various contexts and how we use that information.
Types of Information
Primary Purpose for Collection
|Client Account Information||If you represent an organization with whom we have a contract to provide Services, we collect your name, contact information, and certain information related to the organization that you represent when you create an account. This includes information needed for invoicing your organization for services rendered. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We use this information to set up, maintain, and provide clients and/or business partners accounts, to authenticate accounts, and to make available those services and functionality our clients and/or business partners request. We also use this information to communicate with our clients and business partners concerning normal business administration.|
|Communications with Us||If you send us an inquiry, contact us for support, provide feedback, request information about our Services, or otherwise communicate with us, we will collect your name, email address and/or other contact information, and any other content that you send to us. In some cases, we also collect information about your school district or the organization you represent.||We use this information to respond to your inquiries, receive and act upon your feedback or issues, and communicate with you about information that you have requested.|
|Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies||When you visit our website or access and/or use our Services, we (or our third-party service providers) may automatically collect certain information through the use of a variety of tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, log files, scripts, and other similar technologies. This information may include information about how you access, use, and interact with the Services, as well as information about the device you use to access the Services, such as your internet protocol (IP), browser type, Internet service provider, device type/ model/ manufacturer, operating system. For more information, please see the”Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section below.||We use this information for the operation of certain features of our Services, to maintain quality of our Service, and to understand how users interact and use our websites and Services.|
|Job Applicants||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee, including your name, address, phone number, email address, education and work history, emergency contact info, and driver’s information.||We use information to process your application and consider you for employment. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about prospective employees.|
|Location Information||When you use certain applications to provide or receive transportation services, such as if you are a driver using the EverDriven Driver App, we collect information about your location, including GPS and/or Wi-Fi data, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location. We collect driver location information to reserve certain service offers, enable pick-ups and drop-offs, and to enhance safety, even while the app is in the background.||We use this information to provide certain location-based features of our services, such as locating drivers for potential service offers, determining estimated arrival time, perform student pickups and drop-offs, and tracking location of vehicles during student transportation.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, such as subscribing to receive EverDriven updates, we collect your name, email address, and/or postal address.|
If you receive email(s) from us, we may use certain tools to capture information related to when you open our message or click on a link it contains. For more information, please see the”Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section below.
|We share information about our company and our Services with individuals that consent to receive such information.|
Your information is never sold to other companies. It is only used by EverDriven to deliver information relevant to our services. You may opt out at any time.
|Parent/Caretaker and Student Information||If you are a parent or caretaker who has been given permission to use certain features of our Services, such as the EverDriven Parent Mobile App, we receive information from your school district, including your name, email address, phone number, physical address, and information about your student (such as the student’s name, school, school address, etc.).||We use this information on behalf of our clients and/or business partners to provide you the features and functionality of the requested Service(s), including to authenticate your account and send you service-related communications including location of your student(s) during transportation.|
|Public Health and Safety||In certain situations, such as when a serious public health threat has been identified, we may collect information from employees, guests, and other individuals accessing our premises or transportation vehicles. This may include medical and health information, such as body temperature, symptoms, and underlying health conditions. In some cases, we may also collect medical, health, and related information about an employee’s children, family member, or other individuals under the employee’s care.||We use this information to protect the health and safety of our employees and guests. In some jurisdictions we may be required by law or regulation to collect and retain information related to issues of public health and safety.|
|Testimonials||In some cases, we collect testimonials of our clients and users and, with their consent and where appropriate, we may post their testimonial(s) along with their name.||We use this information to provide clients and users the opportunity to share information about their experiences.|
Use of Information
- To identify you when you visit our website or access our Services.
- To provide our Services, including authenticating users, maintaining, and servicing user accounts, providing technical support, and fulfilling our obligations under the terms of applicable user agreements.
- To monitor and improve our Services as well as enhance and personalize user experience.
- To operate our Services and conduct analytics.
- To respond to and improve customer service requests.
- To send periodic communications regarding the Services, as well as send promotional information about our Services.
- To manage our business operations and administer our business activities, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and any other business purpose that is permitted by law.
- To comply with legal obligations, establish or exercise our rights, and defend against legal claims.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
Sharing of Information
- Affiliates and Business Transactions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Clients and Business Partners. We share information with our clients and business partners with whom we have a contract to provide Services. For example, if you create an account on behalf of the organization you represent, we may share your information with your organization. In addition, if you are a parent or caretaker who uses certain features of our Services, we may share your information with the school or school district to which your student belongs.
- Service Providers. We may share information with business partners, vendors, and service providers who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services. Among other things service providers may help us with hosting, website and app development, technical support, network and security services, e-mail communication and customer support, research and analytics, transportation services, and payment processing.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. EverDriven may release information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with relevant laws or regulations or to respond to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, (ii) establish or exercise our rights, including to enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of EverDriven, our users, or others.
EverDriven does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. EverDriven may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics are shared on an aggregate basis in a form that does not reasonably identify a particular individual.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
The following describes the types of technologies we may use:
- Web beacons, pixels, and tags. Web beacons, or pixels, are small images placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity when you visit a website, click on a link, or open an email, and is often used in combination with cookies.
- Website and mobile application log files. We collect information in the form of log files that record website activity and gather statistics including your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
- Cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small pieces of information that are placed on your device or browser when you visit a website. Some technologies (also referred to as”necessary” or”essential” cookies) are necessary for our website to function properly. Because our use of this technology is needed as part of the website, it is always active. Note that while you can set your browser to block this type of tracking, doing so may cause some parts of our websites to not function for you. Other technologies (also referred to as”functional” or”performance” cookies) enhances certain functions and performance on our website, including the use of session replay technology. Analytics technology is primarily used to obtain insight in order to improve our websites and may be conducted by us or one of our third-party service providers. This type of technology collects information about how users interact with our website, such as, which pages they visit, how often they visit, and what browser they are using. For instance, we use Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ , and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
You may be able to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. However, this may prevent our websites or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies every time you finish browsing. For more information about how to manage your cookie settings and preferences, please follow the instructions provided by your browser.
Security of Your Information
EverDriven uses reasonable and appropriates efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. EverDriven takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure or error-free, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Your Choices with Respect to Your Information
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Account Information. You can access and update your account information by visiting our websites. You can close your account by contacting us at the email or mailing address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
- Communications from Us. You can stop receiving promotional emails at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in any promotional email that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related emails. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.” You can stop receiving push notifications by adjusting your device settings. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents may be able to request to exercise the following privacy rights:
- The right to know what data we have collected about you in the past 12 months. This includes categories of personal information, the categories of the source from which the personal information is collected, the purpose of collecting your personal information, the categories of third parties which we have shared your personal information with, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected from you. You can find a list of the categories of personal information that we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months here.
- The right to request to have your personal information deleted, subject to certain exceptions. However, please be aware that in many situations we may be required to retain your personal information for one or more of the following purposes: (i) to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (ii) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (iii) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (iv) to otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To make a request to exercise any of the rights described above, please see the “Contact Information” section below for our contact information. Please note, if we receive and process your information on behalf or one of our clients or business partners, and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable law, we may forward your request to the client or business partner with whom you are affiliated.
EverDriven’ website and Services are not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without consent of a parent or legal guardian. We do not sell personal information, including personal information of children under the age of sixteen (16).
Links to Third-Party Sites
Parts of our website or application may contain links to other websites or applications. Please be aware that we are not responsible for websites and applications we do not operate or control. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on those other websites and applications to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.